Last week, I was honored to join Jeff Sauer’s superb Data Driven U for a class on audience intelligence. And, thankfully, kindly, Jeff gave me permission to share our class and the subsequent Q+A on this blog.
I think it’s invaluable, but frustratingly difficult to understand the answers to questions like:
- What can I learn about my audience and customers that will make my marketing better?
- How do I get that data? Which bits are easy and hard? What tools/sources can I use?
- Why do big upheavals in behavior (like we’re seeing with the pandemic and economic downturn) impact this?
- What are the tactical applications for this information?
So, that’s what I tried to tackle in these slides and the subsequent SparkToro video demo.
The slides are below, followed by the video.
Jump points in the video include:
- What’s the value of understanding your audience & customers? (1:11)
- Core components for great audience understanding (10:01)
- Why does audience intelligence matter so much right now? (15:27)
- Applications for audience intelligence (17:42)
- A Look at SparkToro (23:32)
Huge thanks to Jeff for having me on, and to all the great folks who asked for a look at their audiences through the tool.