How do I get more data about an audience with no (or very few) results?
If your SparkToro search returns very few profiles, there are a number of tactics to attempt in order to better identify your audience and their sources of influence.
- Try broader, more inclusive, more popular words and phrases.
E.g. if you’re targeting patent attorneys, try searching for and audience that “frequently talks about: patent law” in addition to an audience that “uses the word(s) in their profile: patent attorney”
- Use the OR operator to combine multiple audiences into a single search.
E.g. when targeting patent attorneys, try searching for “uses the word(s) in their profile: patent attorney OR patent lawyer”
- Target your audience based on a website or social account they already follow.
E.g. instead of searching for profiles containing “patent attorney” you could search for an audience that “frequently visits the website: patentlyo.com” or one that “follows the social account: @patentlyo”
- Visit the Audience Insights tab for a small audience and use the words, phrases, hashtags, websites, social accounts, etc. listed as search terms to get a potentially larger group.
- Try a hashtag that you’ve seen associated with that audience’s topic to get a larger profile set.
E.g. in addition to searching for patent attorneys, try “my audience frequently uses the hashtag #intellectualproperty”
If you’re struggling with this process, feel free to drop a line to [email protected] and we can help you manually figure out some potential searches to try.